According to data published by Old Mutual, parents/students were to expect to pay R64,200 for the first year of university in 2019 – on average. This is expected to rise to R107,600 by 2025 and as much as R165,600 by 2030. Lack of finances has been number one problem for South Africans to go to college.
- You need four year degree in computer science to get into IT.
- You need a technical degree to get an entry -level tech support.
- IT hiring managers care more about your educational credentials than anything else.
- Things that you need to know in order to excel in IT are taught in tertiary.
- 69% of CompTIA certification candidates do not have a degree.
- If you search for job listing like Help Desk Technician, Support, Services Management entry qualification is CompTIA A+.
Today, there are high-paying industries that do not require job candidates to have a college degree IT is one of them. If you are interested in pursuing a career in information technology, do not fall prey to the myth that you need a degree to do so. The fact is, 26% of IT workers do not have a degree, and 49% of all IT job postings from 2017 didn’t list a college degree as a requirement. “CompTIA“.
Here are certification you need to have to get started:
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA N+
- CompTIA Security+
College/University is not for everyone for different reasons , those who choose not pursue a degree shouldn’t exempt themselves from an IT career.